Wednesday, June 8, 2011

When He saw them.

35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” - Matthew 9
 When Jesus saw lost people He saw the real condition of their heart. He had compassion for them. He knew that they needed a Savior and He gave them one. 

When I see people who are lost and have lives filled with sin most of the time I don't have much compassion for them. It's usually more of an eye roll and thoughts of judgement. Just being honest.  

But I want to see like Jesus. I want to look past the sin and differences and get to the heart of the matter: people need the Lord. I have Jesus in my life and I need to be willing to share Him with others who so desperately need Him instead of judging their sin that is equal to mine. 

Father, make me more like Your Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment