Thursday, April 7, 2011

waiting here for You.

we come with expectation, waiting here for You
Sunday I had a conversation that has stuck with me all week. I can't get it out of my head. I was telling Amy about a Disciple Now I am getting to be a part of this weekend. I talked about how excited I was for all the BIG things God was going to do, about how I was preparing and praying and ready to bring my A-game. Then she said this...
What if we prayed and brought our A-game on any given Sunday? God wants to show up for us in every service in the same way He shows up for the BIG events, but we don't come with great expectation.
Honestly, I can't remember the last time I really prayed hard for a Sunday service or a Wednesday night. Sometimes I will say a little prayer on my way to church or as I am walking in the sanctuary but even that is quite rare. I definitely don't bring my A-game every time. 

But for church camps, revivals, DNOWs, etc. I am praying weeks in advance. I am expecting God to move mountains. I come to the event knowing God is going to be there and that people will respond to Him. Why don't I do this on any given Sunday? Why am I not confident that God will move in a regular church service?

This has been on my heart all week, convicting me. Amy also said, things would be very different if we prayed and prepared for every church service/event we are a part of. I want to come with expectation, waiting here for You regardless of the event, venue, or number of attendees. Lord, help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment