Friday, April 1, 2011

home is where the heart is.

20 years. 2 states. 6 cities. 7 houses. 

In my 20 years of life I have not had a constant home. I won't ever be able to say that is the  house that built me. I won't be able to take my children to my childhood home. Even now, I can't "go home" for the weekend or during holidays. I have always lived in a house. 7 different houses to be exact. They eventually felt like home but then they became a house again and I had to readjust to a new house and make it feel like a home. 

Growing up in different places has been a struggle. Readjustment does not come naturally for me. Sometimes I wish I could have just stayed in one city, in one house, with the same community my whole life. But I know if I did that life wouldn't be the way it is today. I wouldn't be the Haley I am today. God needed me to live in Alvarado, Owensville, Benton, Crossett, Cabot, and Conway. He had a purpose for me in each of those cities. 


My locations and houses have varied over the last 20 years. But my home hasn't changed. I love the way Annie puts it
Jesus is my home. The one that will not change. The one that makes me the best [Haley]. The one that safely holds my heart.
 My location will change and my houses will continue to be different as I grow older but my home will NEVER change. I am so thankful that Jesus is my constant. That will always be enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment