Monday, March 28, 2011

perspective.

The name of the campus ministry I go to is perspective. It is so fitting because every time I go I feel like God puts things back into His perspective for me. I honestly can't remember the last time I went. It has been what seems like forever. Tonight I went and God did what He always does. He gave me His eyes for just one second.

For our worship set we sang Psalms. If I had to pick a favorite book of the Bible that would have to be it! I am reading through it right now in my quiet times. One of the songs we sang was based on Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You, Oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
The "meditations of my heart" jumped out at me. Probably because I struggle with having selfishness in my heart. The things I meditate on are all about me. I wonder how to make people like me more. I dream of a future husband or a present boyfriend. I hope for life after college in the "real world". I think of what the summer will bring for me. God has much better things in mind for my heart to meditate on. Things like how to love Him more, how to serve and love His people, how to share the Gospel. I have some changing to do. I'm thankful that salvation isn't just a one time thing and then you're done but that I am getting to work it out. (Philippians 2:12)

Another song we sang was "How Great is Our God". I have sung that song so many times and to be honest I kind of hoped we would sing something different. But even though it was the millionth, billionth time for me to sing it God had something new to show me this time. I have a heart time trusting that God knows what He is doing and that His timing is perfect. That is why the meditations of my heart aren't so pleasing to him and focused so much on me and my happiness NOW. But as I sang this very familiar song the words and time is in Your hands. Beginning and the End. God not only has good timing, He holds all of it in his hands. the beginning, the end, and everything in between. 

The lost song we sang was just a chorus of His love endures forever. We sang it over and over until that truth began to sink into my heart. God's love is perfect and unconditional and everlasting. It will always be enough.

I needed tonight. God knew it. He put me where I needed to be to hear His voice. I'm thankful that He doesn't give up on me. I needed the conviction and comfort from Him tonight. 

My cup overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment