Saturday, March 19, 2011

alive and powerful.

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. - Hebrews 4:12
Thursday was rough for me. It was just one of those blah kind of days where you go to bed feeling beat up by the Enemy. I felt really defeated. I have been trying to eat healthier and Thursday I threw that out the window. I didn't feel alive and spirited and free and happy. I felt lifeless and dull and just plain down. I went to bed praying for new mercies but not fully believing that God would provide those when I woke up. 

Friday morning I opened my Bible to my reading for the day. It was in Psalm 30:1-3...
I will exalt you, Lord, for you RESCUED me. You refused to let my enemies triumph over me. O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my HEALTH. You brought me up from the grave, O Lord. You kept me from falling into the pit of death.
How amazing is that? I was feeling defeated at night. In the morning I am told that my Father has rescued me; that he REFUSED to let my enemies triumph over me. I felt gross and unhealthy at night after making poor food choices. In the morning my God restored my health. I felt lifeless and dull at night. In the morning I am reminded that the Lord has brought me out of the grave and kept me from the pit of death.

I am so glad that the Bible is not just a good book. That it doesn't just tell stories of old. That it isn't just a book of laws and regulations for the religious to follow. It is THE LIVING AND ACTIVE WORD OF GOD and it applies to my life today just as much as it did to the lives of people 2,000 years ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment