Tuesday, March 22, 2011

He's still working on me.

Sunday night my family went to Owensville for a ministry ordination service. The man being ordained was over 50. He felt God leading him to preach and he was obedient. That blows my mind. I feel like younger people are the only ones who go into ministry. It's not very often that you see someone older surrendering their life to preach the Gospel. I really admire this man for being obedient and not questioning God's timing. As we were sitting in the service this verse came to mind:
And I am certain that God, who began a good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. - Philippians 1:6
I love that. Whether we are 5, 55, or 105, God still has plans and a purpose for us. He won't be finished until Jesus comes back. Our church started a series on Ecclesiastes Sunday morning called Don't Waste Your Life. I don't want to be sitting around thinking that I have done enough already, hoping that God will use someone else. I want to be mindful of the plans he has for my life to bring Him glory! 

When I was little I used to sing a song that said...
 
He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.


There really ought to be a sign upon the heart,
Don't judge her yet, there's an unfinished part.
But I'll be perfect just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.


In the mirror of His Word reflections that I see
Make me wonder why He never gave up on me.
He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the Potter, I'm the clay.
Thank you Jesus for using people of all ages to advance Your kingdom. Thank you for your patience and your purpose that you provide us. Thank you for not giving up on us!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, sweetie. So true. God can use any of us at any age, any time any place (and sometimes we may not even realize it! :)

    ReplyDelete