Tuesday, July 19, 2011

you are where you are for a reason.


               Last week I got a phone call from a friend asking me to come be a camp counselor for Youth Only Week at Siloam. My first instinct was to say YESSSSS!!!!!! Because I LOVE me some youth camp! This is the first summer in seven years that I have not spent a week at Youth Camp and it makes my heart sad. Don’t get me wrong I love working as a Children’s Minister this summer; I just miss youth more than I thought I would.
                
                   For the past two years, I worked with the youth group at my church every Wednesday night. I did some Girl’s Ministry and helped with special events. Teenagers just have a special place in my heart. Last week I got to go to the nightly service for youth camp at Cold Springs and I LOVED watching students respond to what Jesus was doing in their lives.
              
                   I SO wanted to be at Siloam this week but I am teaching the Kindergarten class at Vacation Bible School this week. I have been praying for God to let me heart be fully at VBS this week and I questioned why He wouldn’t let me be a Youth Camp this week. It just wasn’t fair. Why can’t I be in two places at once??
                 
Then this morning I was reading the teacher devotion for VBS. This is what it says…
As you show love to children this week, you are showing love to Jesus. You are not just filling a spot. You were chosen – first by God and then by your VBS director. Cherish these precious moments. They are opportunities for you to worship Him.

                   God CHOSE me to be where I am for a reason. He WANTED me at VBS this week. I need to trust that His ways are best. I need to make the most of this week and love on kids so that I can love on Jesus. I need to stop wishing I was a Siloam and start thanking God for the opportunity He has given me to make much of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment