Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Love Story. Part 1.

If you read any of the posts I wrote on this blog last year you probably read about me being very single and learning that God is always enough. If you had told me last year that one year later I would be engaged I would have laughed in your face. I knew that God had a plan for my life but I wasn't 100% sure that it involved marriage and if it did involve marriage I figured it would be several years down the road. This time last year I was soaking up my season of singleness and realizing that God was using it for His glory. Then June happened and my life changed forever...

Last June I took my sweet kiddos from church to Camp Siloam. At camp we were placed on teams. My church was on the red team. The other church on our team just so happened to have a male counselor about my age. We met in the gaga ball pit (a dodge ball type game) when he beat me in the game. I guess you could say it was love at first loss for me ;) just kidding!! 
Later on during the week I learned that this male counselor's name was Tyler and that he was from Northwest Arkansas but was moving to Conway in the fall to start school at Central Baptist College. He was a youth minister and had come to Conway in January of last year to meet a man named Larry White (my dad) to talk about potential ministry jobs. Tyler was friendly and attractive but I tried really hard not to think about those things. I had come to camp to teach kids about Jesus not to meet a boy and I had been preaching to my kids all week that we were at camp for God not boyfriends or girlfriends.
When we left camp at the end of the week I thought I probably wouldn't ever see Tyler again and if we did we would only be friends. Some of my girls kept telling me that he liked me but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I chose to ignore their comments. On the way home one of my girls said, "You are going to date that boy from camp." Who knew that a 12 year old had the gift of prophecy? :) 

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment