Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Love Story, Part 2.

You can read Part 1 here

During camp Tyler added me on Facebook and sent me a message. Two weeks after camp I messaged him back. According to him those two weeks took forever! We just messaged back and forth about camp and our ministries for a few weeks. Then one night Tyler messaged me and said the scariest thing ever happened to him but it was too long to type out so he would need to call and tell me about it. He called and we talked for an hour. He later admitted that he really just wanted to call me and needed an excuse :) I thought it was pretty clever.

We talked to each other on the phone for about a month and just spent time getting to know each other. We admitted that we liked each other and talked about pursuing a relationship. After a little over a month we got to see each other again. Tyler and his mom were in Conway for a college day and I went to meet them. As soon as I got out of my car his mom came over and gave me a big hug, I instantly knew I liked her :) 
Later in August I went to visit Tyler in his hometown. He wanted me to meet his youth group on his last Wednesday before he moved to Conway and wanted to take me on a date. He picked me up in Fayetteville because I am the world's worst with directions and we spent the day together. I stayed the night with my sweet friend Brea and her mom and the next day met up with Tyler again. It was a great few days and we definitely knew we wanted to begin a relationship. He wanted to ask my Dad for permission first and I was so glad so we waited. 
A few days later he moved to Conway and the next day he talked to my Dad. We started dating that afternoon on August 14,2011
For the next seven months we saw each other almost everyday. We spent a lot of time with my family here in Conway and made several road trips to see his family in Northwest Arkansas. It has been such a blessing for each of us to be so comfortable around each others families and to feel so loved and accepted. I realize that that is not always the case and am grateful that we have the families we do. We went on dates and made memories and served in ministry and just did life together. 

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment