Monday, October 18, 2010

1 Peter 5:7

for the past few months our church has been going through a series on how to be a biblical family. we have been challenged to live out the Gospel in our homes. I think my Mom has been challenged by these messages because tonight she told me we were going to start memorizing scripture as a family. I'm excited about this and hope we take it seriously and keep it up because I need that accountability. Hope, my youngest sister, got to pick our first verse. 

1 Peter 5:7 - Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 

I need to give everything in my life to God. He believes it is all important. None of my worries or cares are insignificant to the Father. He doesn't forget about me. He always has time for me. He doesn't think I'm boring or not fun to be around. He CARES about me.  

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I love this idea! What a great thing to do as a family! I'm keeping this idea for when my kiddos come along for sure.

    ReplyDelete