Monday, December 6, 2010

at just the right time.

it's been said that "time heals all wounds"...I think there is some truth to that and I believe some wounds take longer to heal than others. I know that Jesus is the ultimate Healer. I know His timing is perfect but I also know His timing is much different than my own. To be honest, some days I am really not o.k. with that. I want life to be going my way now. But God keeps me waiting once again. 
Yesterday in church, Bro. Danny talked about how Jesus came to this Earth at the perfect time. I'd never thought about this before. Jesus has always existed, He could have come down from heaven whenever He wanted to but He waited until that Christmas night to come. I don't know why He waited or why He came when He did but I believe it was the perfect time. If God has perfect timing in sending the Savior to the world, how much more will His timing be perfect in the little things in my life?
Today, the sweet girl who prayed with me when I began my relationship with Christ sent me a message of encouragement at the perfect time. She included this Scripture:
Romans 5:1-6
Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.
Tonight I am thankful for God's perfect timing even when I can't see what is next or when I don't feel like what is happening right now is anywhere close to perfect timing. I know no matter the time Christ is there and He is in control. I'm learning to rest in that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment