Thursday, December 16, 2010

goodbye.

5 years ago I was doing this...
 That is a really blurry picture but it is the only group shot I have. December 16, 2005 was my last day in Crossett. It was hard. I cried a lot. and then I cried some more. I was leaving my home. The place I had fallen in love with in just four short years. Some of my favorite memories and favorite people are from that place. They threw me a surprise going away party on my last night there. I could not have asked for a better way to say goodbye. I have a scrapbook from that night where my friends wrote letters to me. I will always cherish that.

I looked at my journal entry from that day, I was devastated about having to say goodbye, and I asked this question, "Where's the good in that anyway?". It took a long time for me to see that answer. But five years later as I remember that day and that goodbye. I can see all of the new hellos it brought me to. If I had not had to say that goodbye I would not have the friendships and experiences I have today. 

Saying goodbye never has been, and never will be easy for me but I hope that I can remember that after goodbye new hellos come. Hellos that may change my life. 

I still miss Crossett. I think I always will. It felt the most like home to me. But today I am thankful that God made me say goodbye. I can see the purpose He had in it and I can see the blessings it brought. I am so grateful for the four years I got to spend there and I am grateful that five years later I can return and see those same friends and act as if I never left. 

 Meet my friends Brooke and Brea. They planned that party. In a few weeks I will be reunited with them. No surprises will happen. But memories will be made, laughter will explode, and they will love me in a way that only they can. It's been five years, and I still cannot replace these precious friends. They mean more to me than they will ever know. Goodbye made me realize just how much I needed them and just how much they mean to me. I love you girls!

Romans 8:28 - He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment