Wednesday, February 2, 2011

in this moment.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Today. Right now. In this very moment. The will of God is being played out in our lives. 

I think I've always known this but I haven't always let it really sink in. On really good days, in really fruitful seasons when everything is going "perfectly" it's easy to think about God's will being played out. Even on terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days I can be mindful that God has a plan in all of it. But what about the regular day. The season that isn't really bad but it isn't great either. The season that just is. I feel like I'm in that season right now. 

I was thinking the other night about all the ways God's will has played out in the past. Through moves that I thought would be the end of the world that turned out to be not so bad after all. Through drama that I thought would ruin my reputation and the way God brought friendships out of that. God's leading in different areas of my life. Then I started thinking about His will for the future. I thought about this summer and where He is going to send me. I thought about life after college and beyond. I trusted that His will would play out because I've seen it happen before. 

But what about this moment? God's will is happening as I type this. Even though this is a rather "blah" season God's will is still good, pleasing, and perfect. Even when I can't see it God's will is happening all around me. He has had it planned out since the beginning of time. He knows what will happen on my great days, on my bad days, and on every day in between. In this moment I am in the will of my Father and that's EXACTLY where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment