Sunday, January 30, 2011

Do we love what God loves?

this morning on our way to church we had K-LOVE playing on the radio. They were talking about the most well known verse in the Bible: John 3:16
For God loved the world so much that He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
God loves the WHOLE world. Every part of it belongs to Him. He loves the people that sat in church this morning and the ones who didn't. He loves the poor, the rich, the needy, the broken, the beautiful. Everything.

What do we love? Who do we love? How do we show that love? Are we willing to sacrifice everything that is precious to us; possibly our lives? 

In Sunday School we always take prayer requests. We usually ask for personal things or request prayer for people that we know which isn't a bad thing. But today someone asked for prayer for Egypt 
They showed love like God does. Love for the world.
In big church we had a guest speaker. He is a church planter from Kansas. He talked about loving the world and giving all we have to Jesus. I'm thankful for this lesson today but I don't want it to just be something that I think is nice or pleasant or good. I want to act out what I learned. I want to love the world, all of it, not just my own little corner. I want to give Jesus all of me, even if it isn't much, because little is much when God is in it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment