Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Matthew 7:7

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."

I have asked, I have sought, and I have knocked on the door for opportunities to share Jesus. But sometimes I forget to keep doing these things. I figure God heard me the first time and He will send opportunities when He's ready but He wants us to KEEP asking, seeking, knocking. So that is what I am going to do. 

Just today I began to put this verse into practice. I prayed multiple times for God to provide opportunities to share His love and multiple times He provided. I had opportunities to provide a smile, hold open a door, pray for the people I passed on my way to class, encourage a friend, share the Gospel with old classmates, share Scripture with a girl who is seeking, help feed a person who is hungry. I am not saying any of this to brag. Every day of my life should look like this but honestly these days are few and far between. I don't ask, I don't seek, and I don't knock nearly as often as I should.

In the last couple days God has been reminding me that His purpose for my life is so simple. He made me to know Him and to make Him known. Why do I have to make that so complicated? 

Asking, Seeking, and Knocking. Trusting that He will answer, reveal, and open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment