Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful.

"Be thankful...but be careful that you don't become so enamored of God's good gifts that you fail to worship the giver." AW Tozer

I love that quote! Thanksgiving is a great holiday to sit back and enjoy food and family and all our blessings. We should be thankful more than just once a year. I am going to make a thankful list and I'll probably even share it on the blog. But I don't want to be so wrapped up in all the gifts that I forget about the One who so graciously gave. 

I am THANKFUL for...
  • For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
  • God's way is perfect. All the LORD's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. - 2 Samuel 22:31
  • Family - Mom & Dad, Hannah & Hope, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family
  • Friends - Colossians 1:3- "I thank my God every time I remember you." From Fort Worth to Owensville to Benton to Crossett to Cabot to Conway and everywhere in between. I am thankful for the difference you made in my life.
  • Love - the ability to Love God & Love People.
  • My Bible
  • journals - my way of seeing how far God has brought me
  • Education 
  • Church Camp
  • A house
  • Hot showers
  • A comfy bed
  • Technology
  • Music
  • Use of all my senses - the ability to see, hear, taste, smell, and touch...I daily take these things for granted
  • Little children
  • teenagers
  • my car
  • make-up
  • hair straightners
  • too many clothes and shoes
  • my health
  • my swimming pool
  • memories
  • Peace -John 14:27
  • Church - Owensville Baptist Church, Trinity Baptist Church, First Baptist Church Crossett, Mount Carmel Baptist Church, and Crosspoint Baptist Church
  • that I don't have to worry -Philippians 4:6
  • Freedom
  • Abundant Life -John 10:10
  • food
  • books and blogs
  • Wisdom - James 1:5
  • my sweet Sunday School teachers I've had through the years
  • teachers
  • online sermons
  • laughter
  • joy
  • nature
  • sunsets
  • fellowship
  • pictures
  • opportunites
  • God's perfect plan for me - Jeremiah 29:11
  • My summer job
  • having everything I need 
  • struggles that God uses to draw me closer to Him
  • grace & mercy
  • forgiveness
  • second chances
  • getting mail
  • family game nights
  • baking
  • dancing
  • most of all for God who provides all these blessings!!!! - James 1:17
there are so many more things I could be and am thankful for but I think this list is long enough for today. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment