Thursday, November 11, 2010

this is a blessing

For the past three weeks I have missed Girl's Bible Study. Each week there has been a different reason or excuse for not going. Tonight I didn't have one and I knew I needed to go. We are studying the book of Luke so we can learn to walk as Jesus walked. This week we were reading in chapter 6. The main focus of our discussion tonight was on verses 20-21 which say
God blesses you who are poor, for the kingdom of God is yours. God blesses you who are hungry now, for you will be satisfied. God blesses you who weep now, for in due time you will laugh.
The beatitudes are simply Jesus' way of telling us to hold on. As Lynzie said it is hope in a nutshell. We also reflected on James 1:2-4
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
 So let it grow! I love that. I don't know about you, but I want to be perfect and complete. I can't get to that point if I don't endure trials. Why do I so often try to get rid of or hide the bad times in my life? Why don't I see them as blessings? as opportunities for growth? Jesus is teaching me more and more each day and I am so thankful.
Tonight Jordan said, "The more you suffer, the more you're filled." I want to be filled! 


Thank you Jesus for girl's bible study. Thank you for teaching me new things. Help me to always remember that struggles are the most blessed times in my life because they draw me closer and closer to You. Teach me to let it grow! I love you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment