Monday, November 22, 2010

she prays one day she'll find someone to need her.

last week I was feeling sorry for myself and lonely so I started praying for God to provide friendship for me. but then I realized that was kind of selfish. so I also prayed that God would show me people to love on and to be a friend to. I prayed to be needed.

He answered my prayer in the past few days with three different friends. I was needed. But I did not feel good enough. Yes, I could give them my time, my listening ears, prayers, and even food but I couldn't fix their problem.

I was feeling guilty about this today and God reminded me of this verse:

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9
His grace is sufficient and it is Christ working through me to help these friends. He is the ultimate fixer-upper. So while I can't fix their problems and make their world perfect, I serve a God who can. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this. I stop by your blog every once and a while just to catch a sprinkle of inspiration! Love you xo

    ReplyDelete