Monday, November 1, 2010

worry.

Wednesday night Cofer preached on worry and stress in youth. I needed to hear the message but felt like it was more for the students than for me. This semester was flying by and was fairly easy in the beginning but now I feel like it's all piling up and it's stressing me out. I have huge papers and really important projects to get done in a short amount of time. I'm really overwhelmed. 
Today has just been one of those days where I am worried about everything under the sun - school, grades, friendships, relationships, doing the right thing, the future, etc. After my classes I decided I needed to take a walk so I went to the Salem Trail. As soon as I put my headphones on the music that filled my hears was exactly what I needed to hear. I was soaking up God's love and faithfulness and then I saw some squirrels enjoying their acorns. As I watched them eat God reminded me of the scripture that says just as He takes care of the flowers of the field, the birds of the air, the fish of the sea, and the squirrels on Salem Trail, how much more will He take care of me. 
Thank you Jesus for opening my eyes and reminding me of your faithful provision. Teach me not to worry. Thank you for being in everyday moments and for the squirrels on Salem Trail =)

No comments:

Post a Comment